Thursday, September 13, 2012

memories with family

I would like you all to read my story that I wrote about memories with families
Traveling is one of the things I appreciate. I appreciate traveling because, I get to see new places I have never been. It is one of my most favorite things to do. My favorite place to travel is Chicago. It is my favorite place because I get to travel to see family who live there.  When we go and visit family I really like to make memories with them. The best times to make the best memories is Christmas time and Memorial day.

Christmas is one of my favorite because we get to eat a lot of food and we get to spend time together, having fun and playing games and that is when we make the most memories with my mom side of the family.
When I walk into the big blue door, I felt the coldness of the door handle outside. As I walked into the warm, heated house. I smelled the ham that was cooking in the upstairs oven. I walked upstairs. I moved around say hello and Merry Christmas. Every which way there were people shouting my name. I didn’t know who to say hi to first because there are so many people.
I come from a medium size family, there are 12 of us to be exact.  There are my grandparents then there is my aunt and uncle then there are my 3 cousins, Mandy, Adam and Nathan. Lastly it is our immediate family and there is 5 of us. That is why there is 12 of us.  I get spoiled at Christmas time because I am the youngest person in my mom’s side of the family. I love being the youngest. Even though I am the youngest, I am not the shortest.  As I walked further into the house I saw so many Christmas cards spread out over the arch way that went into their dining room.
After saying hello to everyone that was upstairs, I went down to the basement,  I felt the coldness of their not heated red floor cement basement floor, I started to get chilly. Chills went up my spine, and I started to get goose bumps. When I got downstairs, all I saw was green and red on the table.
Food is brought down as it is finished being made. Ham that will just melt in your mouth. Turkey that just falls of the bone. Creamy mashed potatoes with butter. Warm rolls that the butter just melts on. We always have got to have party potatoes, because every Christmas we have a party. The crisp onions on the green bean casserole is set right in front of me. Warm bright yellow corn and cook just perfectly green beans are brought down. Drinks are served and everyone makes their way down stairs. We always sit in the same spots. My uncle says prayer, then we dig in.
The best Christmas memory that is always made with my mom’s side of family is that we get to play games. My dad is the one that always wins the games. I win every once in a while. Another of my favorite times is Memorial Day. I love to make memories on Memorial day because when we visit family we always are outside and we always have a cookout.
Arriving at my aunt and uncle’s house on memorial day is always a joy for me. They always have their grill going. Whenever we are cooking on memorial, we are always have a big smoke cloud coming out of their grill
On Memorial day we always have a cookout with sausages, hamburgers, and hotdogs,. We have a feast. Listening to the sizzling of the sausages and the hamburgers and the hot dogs as they are placed on the grill. As I wait for the food to get done, I hear the crunch of the chips. the gulps that people took from there drinks, just trying to stay cool from the heat that is always there on Memorial day. After the meat is ready it is taken off of the grill and handed out to the
After we eat we always play games. The games we play are bean bag toss, ladder ball, basketball games and we just spend time as a family. My favorite game out of all of them is bean bag toss and ladder ball, only because I am good at it.
The Bean bags are homemade, my uncle painted them red white and blue because every time we play it is on Memorial Day or 4th of July. The ladder ball game is brought my Grandparents. It was given to them by all the grandchildren in the family, but all the other games are ones that my aunt and uncle own at their house.
If it is really hot outside, my cousin, my sister and I go and play video games in my cousins room. The video games that we like to play consists of guitar hero, and any other game that my cousin has. We love going in their basement, put on music and play pool. We get really competitive, but it is really fun. My favorite part of pool is when we play on teams and I am on my cousins team because he is really good.
Christmas and Memorial day are my favorite holidays because, I can spend time with family. I love smelling all of the good food. I love playing games and  making memories with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment