Sunday, November 3, 2013

I am Thankful for....

So last year if you were reading my blog I posted everyday with one or two things that I am thankful for and I am going to do that again this year. I know I am three days behind but today I will just post 3 things that I am thankful for.....

The first thing that I am thankful for is FAMILY!!! I have an AMAZING family!!!! I love them so much!!! They help me push on and endure when things get tough. They love me with all they have in them! My parents we blessed when they adopted me and today at my church we recognized the people that have adopted and have been adopted and I had the privilege  to stand and say that I have been adopted. I am just so thankful that my parents felt the call to adopt my sister and I.  I am thankful for every single person in my family. I am thankful for my dad because he works really hard, he is up early to wake me up and make sure I get off yo school, and then he is up late at night doing things to make sure that I am ready for the next day of school. My mom!!! All I can say is she is AMAZING!!! She has taught me so much! She taught me how to have a special place for kids with disabilities. My brother, he is the best brother I could ask for! Wouldn't trade him for ANYTHING!!!! Even though he has a disability he has taught me SO MUCH!!! He has gone through so much!! I look up to him!!! Last but certainly NOT least is my sister. Like I said that we were both adopted I am so thankful to call her my sister!!! God has truly blessed me to become closer with my sister! I look up to her in hard situations and I am so glad that she is there that I can talk to her. Riding in the car to school is my favorite time to talk with her because it is just the two of us. I feel like as we have gotten older I have become closer with her. When I say I am thankful for family it doesn't mean the 4 people that I have mentioned I am also SO thankful for my extended family on both side. My mom's side have gone through a lot together and I don't think that I would be who I am today with out any of them. We have also gone though so much with my dad's side of the family! I can't thank them enough for helping me become who I am today.

Another thing that I am thankful for is my FRIENDS!! I love them all! I might now say it but I do. God has blessed me with an AMAZING group of friends. We are very close knit friend group. I can tell them really anything and I know that if I need prayer they will pray for me and that they know that I would do the same for them. God is truly working in our hearts to be sisters in Christ. All of my friends have different personalities and talents that bring us together! We might not always get along I still love them like they are family. Those aren't my only friends though. My friends at Compassionate Heart I am so thankful for! I am truly blessed to be a apart of that family and call them all my friends. I love all of my friends so much. I couldn't even imagine my life with out them. I am truly blessed beyond words thanks to them. I love you all!!

Lastly for today, I am thankful Compassionate Heart! God have been doing AMAZING and AWESOME things with me there. I was truly blessed this summer to do the serve project though Compassionate Heart and I am so glad that I did. Having a brother that has a disability his entire life and seeing him not have that many friends breaks my heart. That is why I go to Compassionate Heart because I want to be a friend to those kids that are there. I know what they have to go through. We talked one time in our Bible class how we have to be the hands and feet of Jesus. That is what I want to do when I am at Compassionate Heart! I have this AMAZING opportunity to do that I challenge you to do the same! It doesn't have to be with kids that have disabilities. If you see someone in school that is struggling with their lunch or drop something in the hall, help them and be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ!

What are you thankful for??? November isn't just about the turkey, the potatoes and all the food even though it is really good isn't just about that. God has blessed us with so much. Just take a minute to think about it and I'll be back tomorrow to tell you another thing I am thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment